Society of St. Vincent de Paul Council of Los Angeles
You Can Help - Be a Volunteer!
Healthy Communities . . . depend on dedicated volunteers who care about their neighborhoods and the quality of life in their local areas. Volunteering with the Society will allow you to meet other community-minded individuals, discover a real sense of satisfaction and have fun while reaching out to those in need right in your own community.
Besides the more obvious tasks of food and clothing collection and distribution, the Society needs people with expertise in trades such as construction, painting and facilities maintenance – proficiency with computers or other office systems – talents in teaching or language translation, or skills at housekeeping, etc., in order to meet the wide ranging needs of our local community members.
Volunteer opportunities abound at the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, and you can make a significant difference in the lives of the poor and needy by joining the hundreds of volunteers currently participating in the charitable activities of the Society.
- Help the homeless at the Cardinal Manning Center;
- Assist with the operations at Circle V Ranch Camp’s summer program for disadvantaged children;
- Work in a parish food pantry;
- Visit retirement and convalescent homes;
- Conduct a food, clothing, blanket or toy drive for those in need;
- Plan service opportunities for youth members;
- Deliver food or meals to shut-ins;
- Drive senior citizens to the grocery store or doctor’s appointment;
- Help individuals with social service paper work;
Or . . .
Become a member of a Vincentian Conference and assist individuals and families in need within your local community.
For more information on Volunteer Opportunities at the Society
Please contact us at: