Rules & Contest
Facebook Rules of Engagement
Thanks for being a part of The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. community on Facebook! We welcome your comments, photos and videos and look forward to hearing from you. Please note, we review comments and will remove any that are inappropriate, offensive, or contain external links. Here are just a few guidelines to keep the conversation constructive and to help protect you:
Your opinion is welcome but please keep it on topic and informative.
Any postings that are considered obscene, indecent, unlawful, defamatory, misleading, intended to harass, abuse, threaten others, or infringe on another’s rights will be removed from the site.
For your security, please don’t post any personal information like your policy number if you need customer service, you can call 1(323)224-6280 to get help right away.
To avoid implying we favor, endorse, certify or otherwise support one organization over another, we will delete any post that promotes any particular agent, third-party distributor, or direct marketing channel.
Reframe from mentioning the names of our corporate donors in order to protect them and to not obstruct their flow of traffic to their business.
As a reminder, “liking” this page is not a reflection of an individual’s experience with product or services offered by The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. Users “like” this page in order to connect with The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. and get updates.
We welcome your feedback and will make every effort to respond, but for your own personal protection, we cannot discuss private matters in public forums such as Facebook. Discussions that inappropriately identify a specific individual’s situation will be removed from the site and continual offenders may be blocked from the site. For customer service you can call 1(323)224-6280, or you can contact us through email@example.com.
Be sure to follow the Facebook Terms and Conditions.
Please note that comments posted by third parties have not been verified and do not represent the views of The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc., its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates. For our complete online community terms and conditions, click here.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
Your friends at The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc.
Complete Online Community Terms and Conditions
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. does not verify third party information posted on social media sites and public opinions, statements, or comments on those sites are not endorsed opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or procedures of The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
USE OF SITE
3. Do not post materials on our pages on the social media site that are confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, harassing, illegal, or otherwise objectionable. We do not allow and will remove posts that infringe upon another’s rights or violate any laws.
4. If you do submit material to us on or through on the social media site, and, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. and its affiliates an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any media. You further agree that The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, and know-how that you provide to us on the social media site. You grant The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. and its affiliates the right to use the name you submit in connection with such material, if they so choose.
5. The materials we post on our pages on the social media site are not advice. The materials are not a substitute for obtaining legal, tax, or other professional advice from your legal, tax, or other professional advisors. By making the content on our pages on the social media site available to you or neither, The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc., nor its affiliates are engaged in rendering any such legal, tax, or other professional advice.
6. For your security, don’t post any personal information, like your policy number, claim number, phone number, personal e-mail address, or any unique identifying information on a social media site.
7. Do not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Any postings of this nature on our pages on the social media site may be removed.
8. Be mindful of others. The purpose of our pages on the social media site is to share useful information and ideas, inspire informative discussions, and educate. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. is looking for you to provide positive contributions to our on-line discussions and forums. Your opinion is welcome, but please keep it on topic and informative.
9. All content on this our pages on the social media site (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, icons, images, videos, interfaces, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) posted by The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. or its affiliates, is the exclusive property of and owned by The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. or its affiliates, or their licensors or content providers and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. You may access, copy, download, and print the material contained on our pages of the social media site for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of content on the site, including, but not limited to, the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, transfer, or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material or information obtained from the site, or use of the site for purposes competitive to The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
10. Our pages on the social media site may contain links to other web sites, some of which are operated by The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. or its affiliates and others of which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other web sites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other web sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked web sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked web sites.
11. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc. reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing or using The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc.’s pages on any social media sites for any reason whatsoever.
12. Ultimately, you are responsible for the content you have posted, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. Neither, The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, Inc., nor its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates are liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from your use of this site.
13. Company Overview:
St. Vincent’s is an international, Catholic volunteer organization that serves the needy of any religious background free of charge. We were founded in Paris, France in 1833 by a compassionate college student, Frederic Ozanam, and for over 100 years our Vincentian volunteers have served the suffering in Southern California. We help the needy become self-sufficient by providing financial and emotional support, food, clothing, furniture, appliances, housing and by connecting the disadvantaged to helpful resources in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. Donations to our thrift stores make our work possible. Your financial gift or donations of household items help us help thousands every year. To donate clothes, furniture, appliances, or even cars call us at 1-800-974-3571., visit www.svdpla.org.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles Silent AuctionRules
RamsT-Shirt SILENT AUCTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY – MAKING A CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THIS SILENT AUCTION.
HOW TO ENTER THE SILENT AUCTION
No contribution or purchase is necessary, aside from participation in the bid. To enter the Rams T-Shirt Silent Auction, (the “silent auction”), an entrant must enter the raffles with your full name, email, and phone number, and the total amount you would spend to outbid the competition on a raffle ticket located with the security guard at the Los Angeles thrift store location.
ENTERING THE Silent Auction:
Limit one entry per household. Incomplete entries or entries submitted by other means will not be considered. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered, or multiple entries are void. Sponsor has the sole and exclusive responsibility for determining whether an entry has been successfully submitted. Any entry that is not submitted in compliance with these Official Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
ELIGIBILITY: The Silent Auction is open only to legal residents of the County of Los Angeles who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees, directors and officers (or any persons who have been employees, directors or officers in the past twelve months) of Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles (Sponsor), and their subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, agents, promotion and advertising agencies and their immediate families or household members (collectively, “Partners”). The Silent Auction is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
PRIZE: The Winner will be awarded two Rams shirts redeemable from the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store in Los Angeles only. The winner can pay by cash or card with the amount noted on their entry ticket. The odds of winning are approximately 1:500.Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value. The winner will receive a phone call or email from St. Vincent de Paul Public Relations Department to notify them they have won the contest. The winner will be asked to pick up their certificates from the store at 210 N. Avenue 21, Los Angeles, CA, 90031 during business hours of 9:30 AM-6:00 PM. The deadline to pick up and claim their prize is no later than seven (7) days after they have won by 6:00 PM. Sponsor is not responsible if any portion of the Prize is not available due to strike, unrest, weather, or Acts of God.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Every eligible entry will be included in the Silent Auction. Two (2) backups will be selected by a random drawing by Sponsor the day of notification. The Winner will be notified by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the entry no later than one day of notification. If Sponsor is unable to reach the Winner, the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or the Winner is unable to acknowledge receipt of the Prize within 5 days of notification, the un-awarded Prize will be awarded the first backup and subsequently to the second backup until the Prize is awarded. The Winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity release. Failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
PUBLICITY AND PRIVACY: Entry constitutes consent to post the Winner’s name and likeness on the Sponsor’s websites and to use any of the Winner’s name, voice, picture or likeness without compensation for promotion, publicity, fundraising or advertising purposes.
GENERAL: By participating in the Silent Auction, you release the Sponsor, Partners and all other associated with the development and execution of the Silent Auction from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Silent Auction or acceptance, awarding, receipt, use or misuse of the Prize, and you agree that Sponsor and Partners are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion or the awarding of any prize.These Rules and the Silent Auction are governed and controlled by the laws of the State of California. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, County of Los Angeles and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Silent Auction.
WINNER NAME: For the name of the winner or for a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than February 31, 2016 to Chris Sariego, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, 210 North Avenue 21, Los Angeles, CA 90031.