HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles Council in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening for a Case Manager in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center. The Cardinal Manning Center is a 65-bed homeless shelter for men located in the Skid Row area of Downtown Los Angeles.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Outreach to, and engage homeless individuals, conduct thorough assessments, case planning, and case management services, including assisting clients in accessing behavioral and physical healthcare, educational, vocational, job search and placement, legal assistance, governmental benefits, and assisting clients with qualifying for, and providing assistance to apply for subsidized, and other permanent housing opportunities.
- Passion for the Society’s Mission of helping those in need;
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in social services or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Experience working with homeless individuals, and familiarity with resources to meet the various needs of that population;
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail, dependable, and responsible in meeting deadlines, and maintaining up to date client documentation;
- Experience with electronic client record systems is desired;
- Ability and flexibility to participate effectively as a member of a case management team;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft programs;
- Must possess your own vehicle, current California Driver’s License, and insurance coverage; and
- Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
SVDPLA offers a generous benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a pension plan.
APPLY HERE: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=8810&clientkey=88292E7D0597904B53D0FBF8B9AAA0F7
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul