SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES: Loading and unloading, moving company goods and donations in an efficient manner while representing the Society with a professional and courteous attitude.
- Opening shift employee is required to inspect the sales floor for Sold and Delivery items to place in their respective departments as well as check for safety issues.
- Must inspect and verify all equipment is safe to operate. Report any issues to the Supervisor on duty immediately.
- Breaks and Lunches must be taken on time while taking into consideration their fellow coworkers.
- Must be very responsive and reply promptly to radio calls from the Security person or other management.
- Be familiarized with and follow proper unloading procedures and the location of all merchandise.
- Assist customers in their needs and direct them with a smile to the proper department. Apply general customer service etiquette as needed to encourage returning customers and increased sales.
- Follow Safety processes and procedures with all of the donation bins and other equipment. Empty ONLY when they are full. Merchandise
- The handler must be familiar with the 80/20 policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proper use of equipment
- Excellent Customer Service
- Proper loading, unloading and tie down of merchandise
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Report to work in a timely manner with the appropriate dress code.
- Clock in and out no more/less than 2 minutes from the beginning or end of your shift.
- Observe appropriate time for breaks and lunches. These MUST be taken on time while taking into consideration fellow coworkers and store needs. Breaks begin and end in your assigned department or when clocking in/out.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Push & pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance