We need your help now more than ever. The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have caused an overwhelming increase in the number of individuals and families requesting our help. Our staff and volunteers are working to provide these necessary services, but we need donations to meet increased demand.
St. Vincent de Paul of Los Angeles provides food, shelter, clothing, furniture, bill-paying assistance, resources for homeless individuals and various other homelessness prevention programs across LA, Ventura and Santa Barbara County. These services are necessary for many in our community, but the increasing volume of people requesting assistance, along with the temporary closure of our thrift stores, is straining our resources.
Here are ways you can help those in need during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Make a financial donation through this link. The effects of COVID-19 have been devastating for many individuals and families who were already struggling. Please help us provide the resources many desperately need.
- Become a Vincentian Volunteer. Volunteers are needed to help deliver food and necessities to the homebound and more. To find the nearest volunteer group (Conference of Charity) near you, contact our Vincentian Services department at 1-888-552-7872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contribute to our CMC Meals Fund, a fund specifically for purchasing meals from small businesses to feed the homeless community of our homeless shelter, the Cardinal Manning Center. Help us support our homeless neighbors while supporting local businesses at the same time.
- Donate sanitation supplies for our homeless shelter. Hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray and liquid hand soap refills have become increasingly scarce in the stores since the outbreak began. Help us protect the most vulnerable in our communities by donating these necessary supplies. To coordinate a drop-off or delivery, please contact Diana Rongavilla at email@example.com or call/text (213) 444-6919.
- Donate food to our homeless shelter. Before the COVID-19 outbreak, organizations and volunteers would put together bag lunches, catered dinners and daily meals for our neighbors experiencing homelessness. Since the outbreak, we no longer have as many people preparing these meals, and we are in dire need of food. Please donate frozen or fresh pizzas, burritos, boxed dinners, and cup noodles. We ask the donations to be in bulk, enough to feed 50 people. To coordinate a drop-off or delivery, please contact Diana Rongavilla at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (213) 444-6819.
- Provide bread, milk, eggs, diapers, formula and other necessities for families in need. Our staff and volunteers across Southern California are doing their best to help families make it through this pandemic, but they need help meeting the increase in demand. Find a drop-off location nearest to you.
We do not know how long our community will have to endure the effects of COVID-19, but St. Vincent de Paul of Los Angeles will continue to serve to ensure we all get through this together. Thank you for your generosity.