JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator –
DMH Interim Housing Program (Grant Funded Position)
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles (SVDPLA) in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening for a full time, grant-funded Program Coordinator position in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center. This position will be funded by the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH), through June 30, 2019, and is expected to be continued through June 2021, at a minimum. The Cardinal Manning Center is a 65-bed homeless shelter for men located in the skid row section of downtown Los Angeles.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Perform all aspects of program duties connected with DMH grant-funded Interim Housing program. The position includes administrative duties such as daily client census reporting, quality assurance reviews, invoicing, and liaison with DMH representatives. Other duties include receiving client referrals of clients from DMH, conducting intakes assessments, providing case planning and case management services, and assisting clients in accessing behavioral and physical healthcare, educational, vocational, job search and placement, legal assistance, governmental benefits, and assisting clients with qualifying for, and providing assistance to apply for subsidized, and other permanent housing opportunities. This position shall report to the SVDPLA Special Programs Manager.
• Passion for the Society’s Mission of helping those in need;
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services or a related field from an accredited college or university;
• Experience working with homeless individuals, particularly those with mental health and other needs, and familiarity with related resources.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
• Strong attention to detail, dependability, and responsible in meeting deadlines, and maintaining up to date client documentation;
• Experience with electronic client record systems and accounting processes is desired;
• Ability and flexibility to participate effectively as a member of a case management team;
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft programs;
• Must possess your own vehicle, current California Driver’s License, and insurance coverage; and
• Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
More information linked here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=10579&clientkey=88292E7D0597904B53D0FBF8B9AAA0F7
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019, to be considered. Only candidates that meet ALL of the minimum qualifications will be considered. Do not otherwise submit a resume.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.