HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles Council in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening for a janitor in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center, a men’s shelter in Downtown Los Angeles.
JOB SUMMARY: The responsibility of the janitor is to keep the building clean and orderly by performing the following: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and waxing floors, cleaning walls and windows, cleaning and ensuring restroom supplies are restocked, removing the trash, and other duties as assigned.
GENERAL JANITOR FUNCTIONS:
• Be an active and positive representative of SVDPLA at all times.
• Clean and supply building areas (dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, waxing, and vacuuming as needed, cleaning ceiling vents, etc.).
• Service, clean and supply bathrooms and restrooms.
• Pick up and empty trash from all locations in the building throughout the day and as needed.
• Clean exterior of the building (sidewalks, etc.)
• Clean windows, mirrors, doors, staircase railings, etc.
• Set up and take down items for events as necessary and requested.
• Minor maintenance as needed.
• Notify managers concerning the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Participate in staff meetings, trainings and other events as assigned.
• Follow employees guidelines for attendance, dress code, and company policies as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working within a residential facility, shelter and/or with homeless individuals, or similar populations;
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus;
Physical Requirements of the Job: This position requires an ability to stand for long periods of time, bending, reaching, lifting, driving, and a variety of other tasks. Candidate must have the flexibility to work varied shifts, including evening, overnight and weekends.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles offers a generous benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and pension plans.
For more information please see link here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=10574&clientkey=88292E7D0597904B53D0FBF8B9AAA0F7
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019, to be considered. Only candidates that meet ALL of the minimum qualifications will be considered. Do not otherwise submit a resume.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.