PURPOSE: The main objective of the Conference Coordinator is to establish, support, and promote the Conference of Charity groups in parishes and centers, and assist with their activities as it pertains to each group’s parochial community. The Coordinator provides supervision to ensure the nonprofit status of each Conference is maintained by ensuring annual filings and other governmental requirements are met and maintained.
- Organize, attend, and participate in parishes and community-based conferences and district meetings, both in person and/or via tele/conference meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings and trainings.
- Provide administrative support as needed, keeping track of annual filings and maintaining organized files.
- Ensure all activities adhere to SVDP Rule, bylaws, and follow best practices.
- Help with the needs of the established conferences as it pertains to trainings, workshops, and guidance to ensure effective and efficient processes are established within each group.
- Work closely with District Presidents, who are members of the board, to support their own supervision and assistance to the Conferences.
- Organize and manage Ozanam Orientations and other workshops by securing location, presenters, equipment, and material needed for trainings.
- Learn material and present workshops as well.
- Assist and participate in the planning and execution of various events throughout the year: Annual Meeting, General Meetings, Retreats, and others.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA/BAS Degree required.
- Minimum of two years’ teaching or training experience within a corporation or nonprofit organization.
- Understanding of the Rule, structure, mission, and objectives of the Society required.
- Familiar with the LA Archdiocese, parish life, and ministries within a Catholic parish.
- One to two years of Conference level work recommended.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; great internet research abilities required. Working knowledge of social media and social networks highly desirable.
- Great communication skills required, oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills a must.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Manages daily schedule and is willing and able to help manage others.
- Evening and occasional weekend availability required.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive during the day and night times required.
- Provide and maintain a cheerful, helpful, and efficient service to all Conference and Parish stakeholders.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job position requires significant time sitting in front of a computer, some standing and some travel time to meet with Conferences, training sites, etc.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to handle a computer, audiovisual equipment as needed for presentations and workshops.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical.
ESSENTIAL CONFERENCE COORDINATOR COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Service Driven: Listens and responds effectively to the parish, conference, and other personnel or members; respects stakeholders.
- Detail Oriented: Follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time with good follow-through on action items.
- Teamwork; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests; builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; recognizes team member accomplishments.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job; this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the Company based on business need.
APPLY FOR CONFERENCE COORDINATOR POSITION HERE.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.