HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles Council in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center, a men’s shelter in Downtown Los Angeles.
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides support to the residents and other clients of the Cardinal Manning Center. Resident Assistants (RA’s) also ensure the safety and security of guests, volunteers and staff, and the cleanliness of the Center. RAs also serve as a positive role model to residents, and clients of the Cardinal Manning Center.
- Be an active and positive representative of SVDP at all times;
- Work as an integral part of the team with other Resident Assistants, Case Management, and Management staff;
- Follow standard operating procedures, enforcing policies and procedures and directions from supervisor;
- Address resident’s needs and facilitate conflict resolution in an empathic and professional manner;
- Monitor the facility to ensure resident safety and security;
- Assist with Special Projects, Special Events;
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and other events as assigned;
- Maintain and assist with clean up in operations, as necessary i.e. pack out rooms; penthouse, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, cleaning all areas of the shelter, as required and other duties as assigned;
- Prepare reports, document client activities, incidents, and other paperwork as required;
- Act as “greeter” for the community center front desk, overseeing congregate activities, meal times, television, library use, floor activities, etc.;
- Track and log in residents, vendors, and other visitors to the facility;
- Maintain supplies inventory, and re-stock as needed;
- Meal preparation and distribution;
- Initiate referrals of clients to case managers, social workers, and/or other service providers as needed;
- Drive company vehicle to pick up meals, pick and drop off deliveries, and transport clients, as assigned.
Physical Requirements of the Job: This position requires an ability to stand for long periods, bending, reaching, lifting, driving, and a variety of other tasks. Candidate must have the flexibility to work varied shifts, including evening, overnight and weekend.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles offers a generous benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and pension plans.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working within a residential facility, shelter and/or with homeless individuals, or similar populations;
- Valid California Driver’s license in good standing;
- Candidates with a history of minor offenses (no violence) may be considered;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
SVDPLA offers a generous benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a pension plan.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance
APPLY FOR JOB OPENING HERE: